Tuesday, March 08, 2005

oops, I did it again

Boy I must seem lame. Literally gimpy.
I fell stepping off the curb at a bus stop.
Must learn to look where I am going. Was holding my backpack carelessly in front of me, so I didn't have a clear view of my feet. Stepped off with me left and down into a pothole. Feeling my ankle turn, I went limp to avoid a sprained ankle. (I hate sprained ankles; had 2 as a kid and 1 in college.)

I kind fell on top of my backpack, twisting my right hip (since my right leg was still up on the curb when I fell.) No blood this time: small consolation as I hobbled back to the bench in a daze. This was the same right hip I hurt just last week, so now I am extra hurty.

The power of my bus pass manifested itself by easing my pain a bit after my erstwhile final bus. It allowed me to take a short ride saving me 2 blocks of walking. Normally I walk this and exult in the exercise, but it was nice to take it easy since I was so tender.

Thankfully my wonderful wife patched me up when I got home.
A hot bath followed by icing the hip, then a good nights sleep and I was able to walk fine the next morning.

P.S. Don't worry, I don't thing there's anything really wrong with me. Just a little absent-minded/careless.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I can't believe some lamer comment-spammed me.