Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More progress

The Dr. pooh poohed the finger feeding idea. She didn't see the point of it and didn't like the idea of the baby sucking on either bare finger or latex glove.
My course of antibiotics is 5 days and I started yesterday...So I decided there is no point in pushing for it for just a few days. pray that the antibiotics will totally get rid of the bacteria they keep finding in my milk

Emily is off the cannula. She is so cute. It is so nice to be able to see her face. I had tears of joy.

She gained 64 grams and is now 3 and a half pounds.
She is taking 19cc of formula and they are advancing her feeds every 12 hours. She should be up to full feeds in a few days then they can take out the central line through which she is still receiving part of her nutrition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and am inspired by your story. My daughter spent (only) 2 weeks in the NICU and I still can't imagine going through it with a 2nd. My prayers are with you and baby Emily.

Katie Jones said...

Sounds like Emily is doing so well!Keep growing little one. :)

Can we see new pictures of her?