Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Current Recipies

I made two things this week which Claire likes so have decided to share them here.
Bulgar wheat salad
I soaked 2/3 cup bulgar in hot water 15 mins (I also added grated carrot, several tablespoons dried barberries (commonly found in Persian food) and 1 tsp curry powder before pouring boiling water over everything.
later I added
a handful of raisins
a splash of cider vinegar
juice of 1/2 lime
several tablespoons of olive oil
Notes: Next time I might add some diced apples or grapes or leftover chicken chunks

Yum Stew
with olive oil I sauteed
1 medium onion
1 tsp fresh minced garlic
1 tsp fresh minced ginger
2 c finely chopped napa cabbage
1 c cauliflower chopped
1 potato diced
a handful of chopped arugula and kale
1/2 c chopped summer sausage. (Emily thought this was spicy but ate it up)
1 c broth

1 comment:

JB said...

Those sound delicious!!