Wednesday, July 26, 2006

At Home

We are slowly getting used to life at home with Claire. Unfortunately our car is in the shop and needs major repairs related to the timing chain so it won't be ready till Friday. I was hoping to run to Target to get some last minute items for the baby while Mark babysits... we ordered them online with an amazon gift cert instead. I haven't driven Mark's 1987 Trooper yet... I want to wait till the passenger door get's fixed (Someone leaned on the door too hard and as the hingers were a bit weak they busted and it bent something?? and someone did a bad job jamming it back into place and lots of air comes in when you drive it.) I haven't driven an manual transmission vehicle in about 10 years so I need a refresher.

I don't want to take the baby shopping because of the potential for her to catch a cold or other infectious disease.

A home health nurse came to check up on Claire. It was rather anticlimactic. We thought she would assess our situation and give us advise or suggestions and ask if we had questions. All she did was ask us a few questions, and assess the baby. SHe will return two more times.

More helpful was a call from a nurse/case worker at Aetna (Our insurance.) I asked her a whole slew of questions and she was very helpful.

No comments: