Sunday, November 16, 2008

week 3+

img_0948As you may have guessed, we are pretty busy with 2 little kids in the house. Thankfully, Grandpa was here this week to take over just as Nanu left. But this weekend we are officially on our own until Thanksgiving when we travel to AZ. One major area of improvement is that Claire has been both going to sleep easier, and SLEEPING TROUGH THE NIGHT!! Hooray! Hallelujah!

Claire's language skills continue to improve and we take great joy in hearing her volunteer observations about daily household life such as, "the kitty made a little crying sound," (when Franky was spooked by a neighborhood cat.) Also her pronouns are getting better.

Jen picked up a "sand box" at the thrift store this week, and Claire and I went shopping for sand at Home Depot the very next day. The sandbox is round and red plastic shaped like a lady-bug. Claire really enjoys this--we'd been looking at them in stores, but they seem kind of expensive, and we don't really like buying big plastic toys anyway. So to find a "recycled" one for a fraction of the price really fit the bill.

There are a few new pictures on flickr. Please pardon our lack of posts. The good news about Claire's sleep improvement is somewhat tempered by Emily still needing several feeds throughout the night. I might sleep in the den tonight, especially since I want to get onto an earlier work schedule so I can be home in time to help with the daughters at home in the evening.

P.S. I'm experimenting with some context-sensitive ads on this blog site. Let me know if you think it is too obnoxious. (My first impression honestly is that it looks a little silly.) The good news is that the way I have it set up, it will drop off at the end of the month anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new pics!! Claire with her dolly, reading, hands in her "pockets", and is Em in Claire's box ready for a ride? Great news on Claire's sleep!! The sandbox sounds fun; great-grammy has a turtle shaped one in her back yard and all the little cousins enjoy it. It's nice because it has a cover, as I'm sure yours does, to keep out the neighborhood cats. I remember middle of the night feeds with Mark and Jill. It doesn't last forever, but it seems that way at the time. I know you are happy to nurse your sweet daughter, Jen, but almost too tired to enjoy it. Love you all, Nanna P.S. the ads don't bother, but wonder if they'll do much for you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to post another informative entry. The grandparents and great grandparents check daily for anything new.
We are delighted with the news about Claire's sleeps. Hurray.

I am sure this week will go smoothly as you adjust to your new circumstances. You know we are all sending you hugs and prayers.
Love, Nanu and Papa

Anonymous said...

YYAYYYYY! An update!! I have to admit that I expected a darling photo to pop up of claire sleeping and when a strange woman with an ambien drug ad popped up, I was more than surprised! Oh well......advertising pays someone!! AM so glad to hear the updates. I LOVE language development, and marvel at Angel's bilingual attempts every week. AND YAY for the sandbox!!! (I once had a rice box in my classroom!) Saw Tillie at school today and she seemed to be trying very hard to be a grownup.. I felt a widdle bit sad. So glad you are ready for a trip south. It will be nice for all of you. xoxoxo and congrats, Linda