Wednesday, May 20, 2009

silence

Walking on Aspen Acres Dr. I hear the sound of my footsteps, my breathing and my baby's breathing. I hear the chirping and twittering of some small birds and the chee-chee-chee-tut-tut-tut-tut song of another bird. I hear a dog bark once in the distance. I am enjoying the relative silence. The lack of traffic and airplanes and helicopters and incessant ice cream trucks and car alarms and loud music. It sure is good to get out of the city.

We returned from a mostly blissful long weekend in Prescott AZ. The main snafu was that Emily and I were up at 4 am every day. Thankfully I was able to go back to bed for a snooze around 6. We enjoyed time with family and a garden tour.

Claire keeps saying, "Let's go back to Nanu's house".

We look forward to a visit from Mark's mom next week.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Glad you had a nice weekend, we look forward to seeing you soon,
Love Nanna