Tuesday, October 31, 2006

nap challenge

Yesterday evening I was feeling discouraged about the new schedule because Claire's naps were so short yesterday and she was fussy all afternoon and early evening. (I guess this was silly to think the new tactics were going to work just after one day...it takes time to adjust.) This morning she woke up after a short nap crying and I was able to interact with her a while... diaper change, massage, singing and then put her back to sleep. This time she woke up happy. I was even able to change her diaper before she ate. She also had a good long early afternoon nap and is playing batting at her toys and listening to Mozart while I pump.

Speaking of pumping, it sure is easier to fit pumping in with Claire eating fewer times. It doesn't feel like so much of a chore. It's also easier now because I can usually plan to do it while she naps or plays after a meal.

We just got back from the cardiologist who did an ultrasound of her heart and an EKG and said everything is stable and there is no need to intervene for now.

Last night wasn't as good as the previous one. In addition to Claire being up to eat at 12:30 am she was also awake from 1:45 to 2:45 (fussy) and 5:15 to 6:15 making little noises.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
Can I please have a copy of the cardiologist's report, so I can take it to prayer while at adoration?
Nina