Saturday, July 19, 2008

Short hospital stay

What a roller coaster Friday was!

I spent most of Friday in the hospital being monitored and tested. I went to the OB/GYN in the am and she said I was showing a couple of possible signs of pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure was slightly higher than usual and there was protein in the urine sample I gave. The Dr. wanted me to be monitored closely to determine if these were indications of pre-eclampsia. In the hospital they put the fetal hear monitor on and took my blood pressure every 15 minutes for the first couple hours and then periodically after that. My blood pressure while in the hospital was in my normal range. I have no idea why it was slightly higher in the morning. They also started collecting a 24hour urine sample for testing. They also drew blood and sent it to the lab. Once my doctor got the results back and knew that my blood pressure was normal she sent me home. I dutifully finished the sample and my mom dropped it off at the lab today. (Mark and my mom and Claire came to visit me. I was especially comforted by Claire's sweet hugs.) I was so glad I got to spend the night at home.

I see the doctor again on Tues. Actually I'll see both the perinatologist and OB.

No comments: