Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Thank you God

Claire says, "thank you God for sun and flowers and water. Thank you for Mommy and Daddy." She says these little prayers spontaneously three or four times today.
It gives my hope that in pite of my lack of patience and inability to keep my cool when Claire frustrates and annoys me that with God's grace we are training her up in the way she should go. Claire and I had some good bonding time over the weekend and some today while Emily slept.

I say "thank you God" too! My gums are feeling much better after beginning my new regimen on Sunday evening. There is Myrrh and clove oil and spearmint oil in the tooth paste and mouthwash and no Sodium Laurel Sulfate or alcohol in either. I didn't realize how worn out my old toothbrush was. The new one feels a lot different. (I'm talking about the tip for the ultrasonic toothbrush which I had gotten lazy about using.) I didn't rad your comments about the salt water till today but I'll try that too.

Last night Claire slept all night long for the first time in about a week.

Emily's eye doctor visit went well. Both girls were well behaved but Emily was past ready for her nap by the time we left. Thankfully she quickly fell asleep in the car on the way home. Eve doctor says her eyes look good. She's a bit far sighted is all.

Tomorrow I look forward to taking Emily to to NICU follow up clinic while a friend watches Claire till her regular babysitter comes.

Today Emily was making a bunch of consonant sounds. Especially right before bed. naanana. I caught very few on video this morning but I though you'd like to see Emily in action there are 3 new videos on Flickr.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I'm glad I scrolled down to see Emily again and to remind me to tell you something: I spoke to my scientist friend and it is safe for nursing mothers to use colloidal silver (he recommended 1/2 oz every coupla hours when needed for infections, virus, inflammations, etc). xoxo L
PS AND BIG hugs to CLaire Bee

Nanna said...

I thank God for Claire and Emily and Mark and Jen. Was that Nanna that Em was trying to say? What a darling video! Glad your gums are feeling better. Love, Nanna