Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Claire got her first shot of Synagis, the RSV prophalactic yesterday. We had a longer than usual wait because one of the nurses (Our neighbor Patty) is on vacation. I was a little dissapointed that we didn't get to talk to the doctor, because I have my usual arsenal of questions. We will go back on Monday for her usual well baby visit, so I guess I can wait. She is up to 9 lbs 15 oz.

I took Claire into the LAUSD office briefly after the Dr. visit. I walked since it is just 5 blocks away. It was already very hot at 10:00 am. Everyone oohed and aahed. Too bad my boss was away at a meeting.

Claire is much more deliberate with her hands now. She is able to suck on one or more fingers (usually the whole fist) and keep her hand in her mouth longer. She is rarely interested in the pacifier now. She is getting good at grabbing things. Yeterday she was grabbing some of the hanging toys and seemed to get frustrated that she couldn't put them to her mouth since they were attached and wouldn't reach. She likes grabbing our clothing and still grabs my hair every chance she gets. She seems to be enjoying tummy time more and will stay on her tummy for several minutes.

Yesterday She had her biggest meal yet at 4.3 ounces! with her increased consumption, I have been thawing milk once a day. Hopefully my production will increase to meet her demand. It has before. Claire still refuses to nurse. She will sometimes take part of the breast in her mouth and play but will not latch on.

No comments: