Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Slow Progress

I'm making slow progress working through a Mother's Rule of Life by Holly Pierlot. I've been reading a few pages each day when Claire has her quiet time. She is up to 12 minutes. Sometimes she will keep reading quietly when the timer goes off. Today while Claire was with the babysitter and Emily was asleep I worked on room analysis. I finished the living room writing down the purposes/activities for this room & Materials needed,repairs and improvements I'd like to make things that need to be removed or put away and a list of cleaning chores and how often they need to be done and when and by whom.

I had a nice walk with Emily and went to the farmer's market. I had a hard time getting Emily to sleep for naps today and yesterday. She seems to be making progress towards tolerating car trips now that she can put her hand in her mouth and keep it there. She is also able to grab toys and sometimes get them to her mouth. She has been rolling over frequently when I put her in tummy time. I think she's figuring out how this happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have to update me on these parenting/mum books. I am out of the loop with these! Yay for rolly-poly! c u soon. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I finally looked up Mother's Rule. I think I'll order a copy; it sounds very special! Glad to hear Em is doing a little better in the car seat. Peg said Kelli is having similar issues with Molly. Peg told her to read your blog for encouragement. You are a blessing! Love, Nanna