Thursday, March 08, 2007

Respite at last

Been using more cloth diapers lately and it's going well. I just ordered and recieved some waterproof fabric in the mail to make diaper covers with. I read something recently that said most babies use 6000 diapers before they are potty trained. Yikes! At 20 something cents each, that's a pile of cash! the biggest challenge is getting the laundry folded and put away so that I can find them whenI need them.
We had the respite care person come for the first time today. She stayed 4 hours while I worked on getting organized...I'm still dealing with the aftermath of getting some new kitchen cabinets. The woman who came is 50ish and from Belize she has 6 children and several grandchildren and also does respite for a family with twins. She sang a few bible choruses that I learned in my childhood to Claire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for some much needed respite! Sounds like a sweet lady. Hooray for cloth diapers too. Three cheers for you, Jen, for continually seeking solutions and rising to meet all the challenges of motherhood. Love to daddy Mark and darling Claire, too! Nanna P.