Sunday, October 15, 2006

Nanu

I'm blogging and pumping in the computer room since the DSL connection died again.

Claire has been home for eleven weeks. She is smiling a lot now which is really gratifying. She loves to lay on the changing table and interact with whomever is changing her. But the past few days she has had some fairly lengthy fits of unhappiness. It is sometimes hard to figure out what it wrong.

We had two wonderful weeks with my mom AKA Nanu. Claire really seemed to enjoy interacting with her and it was great to have an extra pair of hands around here. Nanu and Claire had fun reading books together, playing during tummy time, early morning breakfasts, playing after diaper changes etc. I am really grateful for her time with us and am sad that she is gone again. Mom was great at keeping all my pumping equipment and bottles washed and ready to go, she kept up with the laundry and dishes and a hundred other things. We look forward to our next visit.

I'm still struggling to get Claire back to the breast. I want to follow advice from the Dr. Sears premature baby book regarding wearing her in the sling for several hours each day and putting her skin to skin but Claire hasn't been cooperative. I haven't yet met with a new LC. I will call tomorrow.

No comments: