Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Claire bounces back

By yesterday at bedtime Claire already seemed much better and she slept 11 hours instead of her usual 9.5. She awoke this morning feeling fine and asking right away for breakfast which is rare for her. We ended up taking an impromptu visit to the rose gardens and California science center before music class at 1:00. It was quite a whirlwind of a day. Both girls slept in the car after music class. I didn't sleep well last night. I kept waking up countless times feeling uncomfy. I think it was because I didn't get any exercise yesterday.

Claire quote:
we walk into the bathroom this evening at bath time...
"B like bath, B like bath /b/b/b/." (I've never told her that bath starts with B. She's starting to figure these things out on her own.)

At the science center there are two discovery rooms each with a special toddler area for kids under 3. Claire dug it. Claire also loved the roses and the gigantic magnolia trees along Exposition Blvd.

My African violets are starting to recover from being plucked by Claire. They are now on a high shelf where she can't reach them.

I have a refrigerator full of veggies but I don't feel like cooking. I've been living on leftover bean soup, open faced grilled cheese and peanut butter on crackers the past two days. Today I made myself eat an orange and some salad to round this out a bit.




P.S. by Mark: Last year we changed car insurance to save money. But we are thinking about doing it again...

2 comments:

JB said...

What a fun day. Sorry I missed it!! Sounds like you need respite care so you can spend a day cooking and planning menus for your fresh veggies. I am sure you will come up with something totally delicious.

Martin said...

Ditto to Nanu's message. The orange was good, that's enough to get me going when I'm feeling uninspired. By the time you get my reply you'll have come up with something tasty and nutritious in your kitchen. L for Love from N for Nanna for C for Claire!