Friday, July 14, 2006

Bathtime

I gave Claire a bath for the first time this evening with guidance from the nurse. It was hard work holding on to the slippery little kicking baby. She seemed to like sitting in the warm water and kicking against the side of the little tub.

She was cold afterwards when I fed her even though she had two blankets wrapped around her.
She lost 10 grams from yesterday's weight since she had to skip one feeding, because she had failed to digest half her milk from the previous meal. (Thus she absorbed less calories.) Yesterday she was up 35 grams...Quite a jump.

Mark got to visit her for the 9pm feeding and she was still cold from the bath and was too tired to take the bottle. I hope this coldness doesn't set her back.

I started reading "Tuesdays with Morrie." I got about halfway through it today and found it very touching.

No comments: