Saturday, August 12, 2006

Cardiologist

More info on the cardiologist visit: We waited in the doctor's office instead of the waiting room since it was crowded and several people were coughing. The doctor remembered us from evaluating Claire when she was 3 days old. Back then in May, he sat with my Mom and I out on the patio at the hopital he described her condition, and drew a diagram so I could explain everything later to Mark who was out running errands at the time. Originally, she had three issues,
Atrial Septal Defect, Ventricular Septal Defect, and one valve instead of two between the upper and lower chambers.
Fast-forward to the present: The hole between the two lower chambers has closed and the most pressing problem is the valve. The Doctor re-iterated that this will requre surgery in the next year or so. He will continue to monitor her regularly.

For the next appointment I'm going to go to one of their other offices because it is closer to our house and I'm hoping the waiting room will be bigger and less stuffy. This time I was glad to wait somewhere else since I worried Claire might catch something in the crowded waiting room. The doctor let us wait in his office which was nice and peaceful.

No comments: